Monday, February 23, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


It's another week. I ended up not going to Oklahoma last weekend because I couldn't shake the cold and didn't want to pass it on. So I ended up winging it over the weekend. I cannot tell you how much easier it is to make something for dinner when it's already planned out. I kept finding myself at 4-5 oclock and no idea what to fix. I'm glad I'll have a plan for this weekend!

I got a lot of chicken quarters this weekend. I had to run into Dillons for something and took a look around (looking for markdowns of course), and I found a good one on chicken quarters for .58/lb. I refuse to pay more than a dollar a pound for chicken, but this is about half that. So I picked up a few bags, took it home and processed it and bagged some for the fridge and some for the freezer. When I process chicken quarters, I just remove the skin (save for broth) and then cut the leg from the thigh (it makes it easier for eating).

Also, I've been trying to eat more vegetables and less carbs. So my husband this weekend told me that he wants to lose weight too, so I've decided to cut alot of the breadmaking out for a while. I still have to prepare regular meals for the kids...they aren't dieting, but I'm fixing salads for Jason and I instead of the rice/potatoes, etc to go with the vegetables.

Here is my menu list for the week:

Monday

Pork Steak w/mushroom gravy
potatoes grilled with onion/pepper
giant salad
(for me this means a little tiny bit of meat w/no extra sauce and lots of salad)


Tuesday

Cajun Seasoned
Chicken
steamed veggies
salad

Wednesday

Omelets
or leftovers

Thursday

Chicken and Noodles
green beans
big salad

Friday

hamburger pizza
salad
(me: more salad, less pizza)

Saturday
Chicken Tetrazzini
steamed broccoli
salad
(super small tetrazzini, lots of broccoli and salad)

Sunday

swiss steak
mashed potatoes
green beans
salad
(me: no potatoes of course)

And that's the menu plan! To see other menu plans for this week, take a look at I'm An Organizing Junkie!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Oh Goodie!!! I love comments! Thanks so much for your kind words.