Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Reunion Progress

Warner Class of 1989, Reunion Update

I'm aware that alot of the people I graduated high school with have started reading my blog. So I thought I would post a progress report on how the reunion organizing is going.

We are about to have our 20 year high school reunion and last month (Jan 09) we decided to get things going.

My goal was to have all our classmates located by the end of February. We are 63% finished.

We have a short list of people we still haven't found and we have a short list of people that we know we have good information on that haven't replied to us for one reason or another. In one case I keep getting the answering machine (still recognize the voice!) and another I have on Facebook and while he keeps logging in and adding friends that I've suggested, he's not answering my message about the reunion. So there are some like those.

So the next issue was to get a website up to keep everyone informed about reunion progress, etc. That item is finished. I made one tonight.

The next item is to have surveys and biographies ready to go when we get the last of the names on the list found. I have not started on this project yet, but hope to have it completed by the end of next week. The survey will be regarding the actual reunion. Do people think they will attend, why or why not. Questions for feedback about what types of activities they are interested in. What type of functions they would attend (family, dinner, cocktails, etc) The biography will just be a questionaire, to see what they've been doing since graduation. I'm hoping that if I get all of those back, even if some don't attend we will have updated information on what they are doing now.

After we have a feel for how many are attending, we can begin to start choosing the venues. Finding where, and when and creating a realistic budget will be a challenging phase and then the next phase is getting the actual invitations out complete with RSVP. I'm thinking the website will be very helpful in this respect. People can just click a mouse instead of sending mail...much easier.

Then I'll have to work on decorations, entertainment, food, coordinating welcomes of the alumni (nametags, guestbooks), memorial table, accomodations for those who'll be coming in from out of town, childcare or family activity information to make available to the same. I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of it right now.

If you're from Warner High School, leave a comment for me and let me know what you think of the reunion plans. Are you excited about how things are coming together or are you dreading the reunion? I'd love to hear what you have to say, so drop me a line or two and let me know that you were here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Oh Goodie!!! I love comments! Thanks so much for your kind words.