Sunday, January 18, 2009

Homeade Shake & Bake Mix


Shake and Bake is really convenient for busy nights and it's a real crowd pleaser too. But there is NO WAY I'm spending what they want for a box of Shake and Bake when we're trying to get the most for our money. Here is my Shake & Bake recipe that I use. I mix it all up in a big bowl and then store it to use as needed.

4 c flour
4 c bread crumbs, cracker crumbs, or I buy panko bread crumbs when I see a sale (this recipe stretches them)
1/4 c salt
2 T sugar
2 t garlic powder
2 t onion powder
3 T paprika
1 T poultry seasoning
1 t (or a bit more) pepper

Mix all those up...then

Add 1/4 c oil

Cut oil into dry ingredients until it's dispersed throughout the mixture.

Store in tight container and use as needed. For added savings, use a bread bag instead of a ziploc to coat your chicken. Bread and bun bags are free and are the perfect size for shake and bake!

Note: Do not use mixture if it has touched raw chicken. Only use what you think you will need each time, you can always add more, but after it's touched the chicken you must throw it away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Oh Goodie!!! I love comments! Thanks so much for your kind words.