Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Grocery Day!

Well I went into town today with Abby while everyone else was at work and school. It's much easier to shop with just the two of us. We went to Wal-Mart, Target and the bread store. At Target I bought a new monitor for our computer...yes, it's not a necessity, but it was a really good deal and Jason and I didn't buy anything for each other for Christmas. Besides, our snowball towards debts this month is ENORMOUS because we were so frugal this Christmas. We were even able to pay off another debt this month, so I said what the heck!

Abby and I went to McDonald's for lunch while we were in town. I didn't eat, but I bought Abby a happy meal (around 2 dollars) and she got to play with the kids in the playplace. I had as much fun watching her as she did playing. It was cheap entertainment for us both!

After lunch we went to Dillons for the groceries we hadn't purchased yet. They had the best deals on the refrigerated stuff and I bought MORE of the 2.89 milk for the freezer.

All said and done (not counting the monitor...we're counting that as part of the Christmas budget that we didn't spend) I spent $126.00. I spent $115.16 last week. I budget $450 for the month, so that means that I am now $241.16. Ideally, I should be around $225.00 at the two week mark, but I'm not worried at all. I picked up some great sale items that I can use in the next couple of weeks and we are set on milk for the rest of the month at a lower price than normal.

Tomorrow I have to buy new tires for the pickup and restock our pellet supply (our heat source). That will be a pricey day, but we should be finished spending money (besides groceries and bills of course) for the rest of the month.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Oh Goodie!!! I love comments! Thanks so much for your kind words.