Monday, April 27, 2009

The Simple Woman's Journal 4/27/09


For Today...April 27, 2009

Outside my window...It's 50 degrees and cloudy...at least it's BEGINNING to be spring!

I am thinking... of how busy this week is going to be.

I am thankful for...my children.

From the kitchen...chili on the stove, dishes in the drainer drying.

I am wearing...KU baseball shirt and sweatpants

I am reading...nothing right now

I am hoping...that things on the job front will look up soon.

I am creating...two new carnivals. I started the first one this past weekend and no one has participated yet. It's from To-Do to Ta-Da (celebrating what we accomplished through the week). I'm also beginning a weigh in Wednesday on Wednesday...I hope someone will join me on them.

I am hearing...Abby's cartoons.

Around the house...I've got lots going on. I intended to go shopping today, but it's so yucky outside I've moved it to tomorrow, so trying to get other things done from my to-do list.

One of my favorite things...smells from the kitchen when something is cooking slow like chili or stew

A few plans for the rest of the week...I am busy as always. You can see my entire to-do list for the week here.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...I put in my front and North side flower beds this weekend. I removed some tulips that I had in that corner and moved them to my shrub garden on the south side of the house and replaced them with strawberries. I also took an empty corner by the house (where I had annuals last year) and put in some blueberry plants. I cleaned out around my asiatic lilies and put some annual seeds down in the empty places. Here is how it looks. The empty spots will have flowers coming up from seed. Those yellow flowers are just marigolds that I got on sale. I put them close to the strawberries and blueberries as they are supposed to help bring beneficial insects and repel the bad ones.



For more posts like this, visit The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for my children, too! You must know a lot about gardening. I don't know anything about it. I enjoyed reading your daybook, and I'll be back next week (after our trip) to check out your new carnival. It sounds like fun!

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete

Oh Goodie!!! I love comments! Thanks so much for your kind words.