Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Weigh In Wednesday 5/13/2009

So did you catch the Biggest Loser finale last night? I am so pumped, HELEN WON!!

I just thought it was the best motivation to see that the oldest person in the contest was rivaled by the next oldest and THE sickest for the off campus winner. The off campus winner, in case you missed it, was a SIXTY FOUR year old man who ended up losing 47% of his body weight (I can't remember how many pounds but it was A LOT).

Helen lost 54% of her body weight (140 pounds) and now is a tiny 117. Can you imagine being half the size you are? That's quite an accomplishment.

I don't have quite that much to lose, if I lost half my body weight I'd be sick. It is definately motivating though to see people like the ones that were up on that stage losing all that weight. And since Helen is 48, Ron is 50-something and JERRY (the off campus winner) is 64, I'm not sure any of us have an excuse anymore for not losing the weight and getting moving.

I noticed that most all of them said that getting started was the hardest part.

This week's Notes:

Food:
I'm pretty proud of myself this week. I had zero over indulgences this time and Mother's Day I made all kinds of desserts and cooked a feast for the company we had.

Water:
I did ok. I'm still forgetting to drink all the water I'm supposed to. I only had a couple of Diet Dr. Peppers this time though, so I'm doing better on cutting out that. I figured out that I just can't have them in the house at all, or I will be tempted to drink them...and then I replace them when I go back to the store. So no more buying them for me. Then I don't feel so guilty if I get one while we're out.

Exercise:
The exercise hasn't been happening because of all the rain. I'm going to town today and I think I'm going to scour the thrift stores for an exercise dvd. I might even be tempted to venture into Wal Mart for one if I can't find one at Goodwill or the DAV.

Successes:
My success this time has been the lack of snacking and the healthy and low cal food choices. I rocked the calorie count this time...so yay me!

Failures:

Lack of exercise. Maybe getting a DVD will help.

Weight Change:
One pound loss

How did you do this week? Let me know in the comments. If you make a post on your own blog, link to it so we can encourage each other to keep it up!

4 comments:

  1. Lisa, my mom does a dvd called Leslie Sansone walking away the pounds. She is a christian also. She also has something to put on your Ipod in Itunes for when you are away from home. My mom does this everyday and it has made a big difference to her life. Now just to get her daughter to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I actually have two of those Lelise Sansone, so if you want one, I'll mail it to you. Like I said, I'm not a big fan of exercise LOL.

    I'm back down to 145, but another baseball tournament looms this weekend. Thankfully, it's in the park where they have the nice bathroom, so there's no excuse to become dehydrated.

    Good job on the one pound loss, even with Mother's Day. I made a low-carb strawberry cheesecake w/a nut crust and it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job one the 1lb! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have several exercise dvds that I enjoy. Currently I am doing Jillian Michael's The Shred, but I also do Yoga Booty Ballet sometimes.

    Anything to get me moving!

    ReplyDelete

Oh Goodie!!! I love comments! Thanks so much for your kind words.